Back in the days, garage sales are the only way for one to be able to make money through decluttering their homes or through getting rid of old stuff that were no longer needed. Fortunately, with today’s technology, one does not have to suffer selling stuff under the scourging heat of the sun nor one has to waste time in being physically present to watch a garage sale “store”.
Through an app, one could now sell and buy used items electronically. One example of a buy and sell app is Offer Up. This popular app is used as classified ads by many users. It allows its users to post for free their items they wish to sell. Offer Up is also well-known for its positive reputation and its great features such as:
- Offers up your item for sale within 30 seconds
- Offers great deal and discounts on wide variety of items such as clothes, smartphones, electronics, furniture, baby items, used cars, sports equipment and many more.
- Includes ratings and profiles of sellers and buyers
- Has thousands of new postings daily
- Has a messaging function which buyers and sellers could communicate
- Items are organized by category and location
Though Offer Up is a great buy and sell type of app, there are some users who think that items found in this app are limited or for some sellers, their items are not being sold within their expected time frame. Thus, it is recommended to check different buy and sell apps which you could post your items and check stuff that are being sold.
Apps Similar to Offer Up
This app’s main goal is to make buying and selling easier for its users. It is concentrated on its users’ location where one could find local goods. Compared to Craiglist wherein one has to click on a location to find items close to its users, Close5 provides its users convenience as it automatically will list items that are within a certain range of your location. All you have to do is type in where you are, what type of items you would like to view and a list with pictures will automatically appear. This app comes with the following features and functions:
- It posts and lists your items within a few seconds
- It does not require any description when you post an item for sale
- Signing up is easy, all you have to do is provide your email address or use your Facebook account.
- Allows its users to communicate through private messages
- Users could haggle and agree on a price
Oodle is a location based type of buy and sell app. It is a good option where you could post your pre-loved items for sale. This app is perfect for those who are looking for a platform where they could make a little money. Oodle offers a wide range of items such as furniture, used cars, properties, etc. It also allows pets to be sold. Oodle has the following features:
- Allows its users to save their favorite items
- Its interface is user-friendly
- Allows its users to share ads directly from the app
- Its users are required to have an account log-in
- Comes with communication functions such as call and text
Recycler comes with features similar to Craigslist and Offer Up. It is formatted where one could find and post ads for free. It has a wide range of different kinds of items and it is easy to use. It also allows its users to contact the sellers directly from the app instead of having to go their website. This app focuses on categories such as rentals, jobs, vehicles and services. The following are Recycler’s functions and features:
- Allows its users to post directly from the app
- Communicate with other users through its reply, call and text functions
- Allows its users to find items through categories such as low-high prices
- Allows its users to save their favorite items or posts
LetGo is an app that is very close to Craigslist and it is just as popular as Craigslist and Offer Up. The app is easy to use and comes with an auto-fill type of ads which makes it simpler and quicker to post. Aside from that, LetGo scans the picture that you would like to post and it will fill out the information for you. This app is certainly perfect for searching and selling items.
Features of LetGo:
- Comes with millions of items listed
- Simple to use
- Fast and easy to post
This app is unique and is quite different from other apps which uses a tradition classified ads type. To use VarageSale, you will need to connect to your Facebook account. This way, you will be able to check your potential buyers’ and seller’s profile. It allows its users to check if the
individual they are dealing with is real and legitimate. Unfortunately for those who does not have any Facebook account, you will not be able to access this app. Features of VarageSale are as follows:
- Provides rating and average response time of sellers.
- Easy to browse with its filter functions
- Comes with a wide range of items such as furniture, baby items, electronics, clothes and many more.
Selio is well-known and is proud of its private chat option where you could communicate with the sellers or buyers privately without having to divulge your private information such as your phone number or email. This app caters Adoos, a classified website.
Features of Selio:
- Easy and simple to post ads
- Allows its users to manage their ads and messages
- Allows its users to share ads with friends and neighbors
7. eBay Classifieds
eBay is one of the most popular aps that is used as a platform to buy items. One function of eBay that is not well-known yet is its classifieds section. In this part of the app, you could search local sales and find items that your neighbor is selling.
eBay Classifieds comes with auto-location features and will provide you a list of items that are being sold close to your location. Through this app, you will be able to contact your seller or buyer and discuss about the item being sold.
Another unique app which is quite different from the traditional reselling apps such as eBay or Craigslist, Yerdle is an app which offers free service which allows its users to post their items for free. Once someone purchases your item, the buyer will only have to pay for the shipping and then, you will receive Yerdle credits which you could use to get other items for free. Hence, the more you sell the more credits you earn, the more you get items for free. Yerdle is a perfect platform where you could exercise barter trade.
Just like Yerdle, Listia lets its users post items for free and get credits in return. When one has enough credits, they will be able to “purchase” items of their liking without having to spend on the item itself. As one would say, Listia is one giant online swap meet where you could save money for the things you would like to buy. It is also a perfect platform where you could get rid of your pre-loved items or items you think you do not need. This app comes with the following features:
- Helps you declutter your place
- Provides credits which serves as your money
- Get amazing items such as DVDs, cell phones and the like
Where else could you find an app which is a combination of classified ads and social networking? SocialSell definitely is one which you could depend on. It is a platform which is similar to those groups you find in Facebook that sells items. Through SocialSell, you will be able to follow your favorite sellers and post comments. You could also contact sellers through private message.
Features of SocialSell:
- Comes with wide range of different items such as electronics, clothes, entertainment, antiques, children and baby items, education, collectibles, yard and household items and many more.
That concludes our review on our top 10 best apps like Offer Up. We hope we were able to provide you alternatives where you could find items and sell your products.